Thursday, July 24, 2008

Random thoughts.

Okay, so I don't quite know what to think of this story.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,390051,00.html

How can anyone forget that they have their child in the car with them? Maybe I'm just naive since I'm a new mom, but it's a little difficult for me to understand how this could happen. I feel so badly for the two babies that died.....I know how it is getting into a hot car in the middle of the day, waiting for the air to cool down, let alone sitting in one for hours on end. Ugh- that's hard to think about how they must have suffered and cried.

Anyways- on a much lighter note....Adilynn is now pulling herself to a standing position on her own! I went into her room the other day after her nap to bag up her bedroom trash. I turned around and there she was, standing in her crib grinning from ear to ear. She's as wobbly as can be, but at least she's doing it! She is sleeping so much better at night now. For about three weeks she was waking up and having trouble falling back asleep. She has always been a great sleeper, even from the first night we brought her home. I think her sleep pattern was getting interrupted because of her teething. But now she's back to sleeping from 8:45pm to 5am, eating for about 10 minutes, then back to bed till 7:30. If she's still asleep at 7:30, I wake her up. Gotta keep that schedule!!!

I'm hoping today I can resist the temptation to eat as many iced animal crackers as I've been eating the past couple of days. I've never bought them before until Tuesday. That's the result of going shopping when you're hungry!!

PS And a big Happy Birthday to my baby brother Zachary! He celebrated his birthday yesterday and we get to see him tomorrow!!! YAY!

2 comments:

Heather said...

You never say "YAY" when you get to see me. I'm hurt.....

Kodi Logan said...

Jessica,

Thanks for the comment. I'd never heard of this before until we took Max into the emergency clinic. My husband grew up having great danes and his family always worried that this would happen. He didn't realize it could happen to our size of dogs. It was so hard to put him down...I really wanted to try to save him, but once I saw how lifeless he was was laying on the operating table, I knew we'd made the right decision. He appeared to be really close to death when we walked in. Did Boo's bloat come on as suddenly as Max's? Max was up and playing one minute and fighting for air about 5minutes later. Were there any symptoms with boo beforehand?