Friday, August 1, 2008

Jibba Jabba.

Sometimes I sit down to write a blog and I end up drawing a blank. I guess I'll just start rambling and hope that this blog will actually end up having a point.

So I decided to get up at 6 a.m. this morning. My days are just so busy that I am not accomplishing everything that I want to accomplish. Adilynn woke up at 5:30 to eat, so after putting her back to bed, I decided to just get up. Suprisingly enough, I wasn't that tired. Until 11:00 am rolled around.....THEN I started getting sleepy. I guess I'm just not cut out for early mornings.

I have been making 90% of Adilynn's baby food for her ever since she started on solids. I don't like all the sugar and salt they add to the store bought baby food. I don't even give her juice b/c of all the sugar. Besides me still feeding her, she gets only water. (and, might I add that she is not on a bottle, only a sippy cup) So anyways- this morning I blended a banana, blueberries and cantelope. She loved it!! I was glad....I really want her to develop a taste for blueberries since they are so good for you. She wasn't really crazy about avacados, but she ate some really well yesterday. She has a check up appointment the end of August, so I am going to ask the doctor about adding wheat germ and flax seed to her cereal for an extra boost of healthy stuff.

She has become quite the wiggle worm when we change her diaper. Whatever happened to the days of changing her diaper when she would lay still, sweetly coo and stare up lovingly at us? HA...those days are long gone!!! I can't even change her on her changing table anymore b/c she's so big and moves all around, so I had to move to the floor. We are trying a different approach with her and praising her whenever she does lay still. We've only been doing it for a short time, but she does seem to be getting better with it!! She is also developing a little temper!! Are kids supposed to have tempers at 8 1/2 months of age?! She will pop her her arms out straight in front of her and grunt when she gets mad. I was telling her no when she did it but then she just kept doing it, so I now just ignore it. I'm trying to figure out when babies are actually old enough to understand discipline, like spanking. And yes, we plan on spanking although I'm hoping that time out will usually take care of the problem. Her little bum is too cute to spank. So anyways, hopefully this very unladylike grunting and stiff arm thing is just a phase! Thankfully it doesn't happen very often.

Other than that minor issue....she is such a joy. She has just started waving hi and bye. Especially to Boaz. She bangs on the window and says "do" when she sees him. It's cute. I decided to start working with her today on shapes. She was more interested in putting them in her mouth than learning the difference between a triangle and a circle. We'll keep working on that one. I can't believe that in a little over 3 months she'll be a year. And she is such a daddy's girl!!! There are so many times she only wants him and not me! That's okay tho...I usually don't mind the break, and he eats it up!

I soooo want another little girl close in age to Adilynn. I know it's too early for us to have another one right now, but I know the time will come. I am already praying for our next little one. I figure if God cares about the sparrow then He cares about my desire for another one someday. So why not go ahead and pray for it. Whether it's Avery Faith or Solomon Lee, we'll be grateful. (yes, we already have the names picked out for our next one).

OH....I totally have to get in shape. Thankfully I have some time to do it, but I really do need to start. Orrin's work is sending all employees and their spouses on a cruise next summer if they reach their financial goal in 2008. On Tuesday evening we went to a dinner where they did kind of a motivational talk for everyone. So hopefully they reach their goal...I've never been on a cruise before.

It's so quiet here....Orrin took Adilynn, Tiffany and Christian to his parents for awhile. They love going over there. Orrin is the oldest of nine (yes people, that's right, nine) so there are still six left at home. Plenty of people to play with.

Alright...well, sorry there aren't any deep thoughts in this blog. Or any of my other ones for that matter.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

No comments: