Wednesday, October 1, 2008

She's definitely my daughter....

Okay, so anyone who knows me knows that I am a picky eater. I'm 29 years old, and I seriously eat like an 8 year old. (I even do the whole "ewwwwww that's sooooooo gross" thing when my husband forces me to try something new). I'm set in my ways when it comes to restaurants and I rarely try something different, unless I'm feeling adventerous. I don't like onions, tomatoes, green beans, peas, beef, corn, peppers, squash, any kind of bean, mushrooms, cherries, peaches, strawberries, cantelope and most seafood. And that's literally just the tip of the iceberg. So with this in mind, the whole nine months I was pregnant with Adilynn I was praying that she would NOT be like me when it comes to eating, but would be more like her daddy, who likes everything except tapioca pudding.

Now that Adilynn has eight teeth (and is currently working on cutting two more) she is able to eat more food. I was super excited about this and I have been doing research on healthy things I can make her. Well, all the "experts" say to just grind, blend, process, etc, what you eat for meals, for a baby. So over the weekend Orrin and I spent 30 big ones on a food processor for her in order for her to eat what we eat (she better appreciate it). Monday night dinner rolls around.....I made tilapia, baby potatoes and green beans. (We had other stuff too, but I figured that was enough for her) So we processed it and sat down. I was getting really excited at this point and envisioned her scarfing down the whole meal AND wanting seconds.

Totally not what happened at all.

She took one bite....a SMALL bite..... and SPIT IT OUT. So I decided to try again, thinking maybe she got too much green bean in there. Nope. She spit it out again. I began thinking maybe it was the fish, but we had given her tilapia before and she ate it with no problem. After about four tries to get her to eat, she started fake gagging. Nice.

So last night's dinner rolls around.

Chicken alfredo. Sounds good, right?!? NOT TO ADILYNN!!!! Again, the whole fake gagging thing happened, except this time she really did throw up water and some other stuff. (it was just a little bit of throw up. I don't even know if I would call it throw up.) She wouldn't even eat a teeny-tiny piece of chicken.

*sigh* I think I have a picky eater on my hands. I called my mom last night to tell her that the food processor had gone over like a lead balloon. She says "I seem to remember a girl we had to practically starve to get to eat anything!!!" Ugh.




Like mother like daughter.






4 comments:

Teri said...

ROFLOL!!! Oh girl, this is just the beginning! Many hugs from a mom of two VERY picker eaters.

Teri

Chrissy said...

Just let me know when she gets a hankerin' for some cheese sticks from Papa John's. I'll come join her and bring the 2 liter of Dr. Pepper!

Heather said...

You definitely are picky!! Hopefully it's just a phase!

Heather said...

that pic of her on my blog with belle cracks me up....could her pants be up any higher?