Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Project Sleep Day 2

Today did not go well. I laid her down for her nap around 10:45 am and of course, she started crying. For an hour, I went in there in the 5 and 10 minute increments. After an hour, I just decided to get her up. Orrin came home for lunch and she got all excited to see him, so I knew she'd be up for awhile. After he went back to work, I decided to nurse her till she fell asleep.

I KNOW....I'm failing miserably at this.

Just to reiterate: My goal is to have Adilynn fall asleep on her own at naptime, instead of falling asleep while nursing. I'm also trying to wean her from nursing.

This is more difficult than I thought.

My question is this- how long are you supposed to let your little one cry it out? I felt an hour was long enough today so I went in and scooped her up. She was holding onto me for dear life and I wiped away her big alligator tears. Poor little muffin.

I will try again tomorrow, although this time I think I'm going to wait longer before putting her down for a nap. That way she's nice and sleepy.

She will get it...I just need to be consistent, or else that's not fair to her.

Oh yeah- and she's back to calling everything "bob" these days. It's so cute.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Poor baby girl! You're doing the right thing though. She's smart...she'll get it.

Teri said...

Bob, ba-bob bob. That's something we used to say here. Goofy, I know.

Ok - hang in there with the sleep thing. IT WILL COME! Perhaps - have her go longer before putting her down. Like maybe have an early lunch and then down after that. And have a ritual like reading a book EVERY day. She will get used to that.

Praying - and realizing I don't know everything - just offering some thoughts.