Monday, October 20, 2008

Jibba Jabba.

Okay, let me start by saying that I just saw a mouse in the utility room when I went to put in a load of laundry. YUCK!!! Looks like we'll be getting some mouse traps tonight!!!

Well, tonight is the end of my Bible/book study for "Created to Be His Helpmeet." I can't believe it's already over. I have so enjoyed getting to know everyone and am so grateful to Chrissy for inviting me!!!! We are meeting for mexican tonight for a last hoo-rah and will hopefully, maybe possibly(?) start another study after the first of the year. I've learned a lot thru the study but I know I still have a long ways to go. It's easy to sit and talk about a book....the hard part is actually implementing it into your daily lives and daily relationships. God bless Orrin for putting up with me!!! :)

Speaking of Orrin...he starts a round of physical therapy tomorrow. He continues to be in pain in his neck and shoulder area and has bad headaches. He's not able to really work out which bothers him....it's a good stress reliever for him during his lunch hour and I know he's looking forward to the day he can get back to normal.

Tiffany and Christian were here this weekend. I'm kicking myself because I wanted to get some pictures of them sunday before church but the words "before" and "church" don't seem to mix well together here in the Rohrer house. No matter how early Orrin and I get up, we still push it to get out the door for the 8:30 am service. They attended the Life Group with us last night and they were so eager to go. Tiffany asked if she should take her Bible with her!!! I told her that the study was only for the adults, but the dinner was for everyone. How awesome tho that she was eager to learn and was looking forward to it!!! She even asked how old you have to be to be in a Life Group. It sparked an idea in me that maybe she needs to have some sort of Bible study for herself that's age/gender appropriate that she can do either on her own or with Orrin and I. *ding* Christmas gift idea. And Christian....he is all boy. He was working on his homework over the weekend and was counting by 5's. He's very smart and loves to ask questions. We still need to get their halloween costumes. Tiffany decided on a cowgirl, and Christian decided on some Star Wars character. We told them they could be anything they wanted as long as it didn't have anything to do with ghosts, goblins, witches or the devil. And...I'd much rather refer to Halloween as a Fall Festival or something along those lines. We'll be attending the JRA event so that will be fun! And to be completely honest, I'll probably raid their candy bags. There. I said it.

Miss Adilynn is now napping (going on two hours!!!!) and is beginning to take more and more steps. Orrin has successfully taught her to make the number one with her index finger when you ask her how old she is. And this morning she pointed to her nose and she knows where her socks go. I'm amazed at how much she picks up on and learns. *note to self* WATCH WHAT I SAY AND DO!!!!!! Here is a video of her walking. She wouldn't walk until we got out a cracker for her. Imagine that.


So life is good here in our little Rohrer household. Orrin worked hard on Saturday and put up a new glass front door for us, and repainted our railing, mailbox and outside light. I was busy repainting our bathroom which now looks ten times better. As soon as I finish it, I'll post a picture.

Well, that's it for now. OH WAIT....a big welcome to little Coen Ray who entered the world this morning. My cousin Laura delivered him this morning via C-section and we will be making a trip to Overland Park, KS on saturday to see him. I heart newborns.

Later peeps!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet video! Wait a minute... is he eating puffs?? ha!

Heather said...

I don't think you have ever mentioned me in your blog!!! Are you ashamed of me? Or is it because you're still jealous that I'm prettier, smarter, more awesomer, cooler, etc. hehehehehehe

Steph said...

Is it weird that Mitch uses the same tactic to get me to walk toward him? ;) Lil A's such a cutie, I can't get over it!