Thursday, September 11, 2008

LIFE GROUP!

Orrin and I have wanted to get involved with a Life Group at James River for quite some time now. We wanted to do it last year, but with Adilynn on the way we just didn't feel it was the right time. Last night we went to the Group Link meeting at church where we met with several other couples and several group leaders who host the groups in their home. You had to walk around and meet all the leaders and then decide which ones you wanted to go with. It was a little intimidating at first, and we felt a bit like we were speed dating. However, we met an awesome couple and we signed up right away with their group. We start this sunday night (I think!) and we are really excited!



On Tuesday Orrin and I celebrated our two year anniversary. He is a wonderful husband and there are many days when I feel I don't deserve him. We went to eat and also went shopping for an SUV. (how romantic, huh?) :) I am so glad that he is here with me and that God protected him two and a half weeks ago in the car accident. We continue to pray for the family that lost a loved one, and that somehow God is glorified thru all of this. So as you can see by the picture....we have to find a new vehicle. We are looking at Honda Pilots and Nissan Pathfinders. Our car was paid off, so we aren't looking forward to having a car payment again, but oh well. Now that we've been car shopping it's fun to think about getting something new.


Adilynn had a doctor's check up a couple of weeks ago and all is well with her! She's 23 pounds and 31 inches tall. She continues to be off the charts in length and is in the 95th percentile for weight. This is the first time she's been ON the charts for weight! She turns 10 months on saturday.....which means I have two months to plan her year birthday party. Ugh....I am so NOT a party planner so this should be interesting. She is FINALLY GETTING HAIR!!! It's taken ten months, but it's really starting to come in now. And it has a bit of a wave to it, which isn't a suprise because I have natural wave in my hair.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Oh My! A picture truly IS worth a thousand words. WOW!

LifeGroups - Wah! I was just going to invite you into ours. We have room for another couple. Boo Hoo! Glad you found a great one!

Teri