Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's the little things that matter.

Oh my goodness....I could cry. I have been brainstorming ideas for Adilynn's 1st birthday. The choices are endless. She doesn't like any certain disney character or TV character (probably because I don't put her in front of the TV unless it's Sesame Street) and even though she'd probably like it- I'm not going to do an Elmo theme! She's a girly-girl so I think I'll go with a flower theme. Or a tea party theme. Tune in later to find out which one I go with.

So anyways...back to the crying part. I know I say this all the time, but I honestly can't believe so much time has passed already. Will every year pass this quickly?! It seems just like yesterday I was fat and waddling everywhere, unable to wear my wedding ring, and craving crushed ice. It seems just like yesterday I was hearing her heartbeat for the first time in the doctors office. It seems just like yesterday I was asking for an epidural (HA! natural childbirth is NOT for me) and then 14 hours later being wheeled away for a C-section. And it seems just like yesterday that we brought her home, and she was sleeping in a bassinet next to our bed. But...the reality is this: this little one is growing so quickly that I don't want to miss a second of it. I am so blessed to be able to stay home with her, and I am so thankful that Orrin works hard to make it happen. I definitely have my moments of "man, if I was working, we'd have that. Or we'd be able to go here. Or get a bigger house. Or do this." But none of those things matter compared to staying home with Adilynn. I don't think there's a bigger or better role than being a mommy. (and...I was just telling Orrin this morning that I'd like to try for another little one next summer. The more the merrier!)

Oh yeah, and we'll be able to cart all those little ones around because we just got a honda pilot last weekend. It's black, seats 8, leather seats, the works. It even has a DVD player. (It's not something we asked for, just something that came with it) My car was paid off, so it's going to be different to have a car payment again. But that's okay.....everything happens for a reason and we will just work hard to pay it off!

Okay, so back to the birthday party. I'll have to narrow down a theme, plan the food, and order the cake. Although I'm not sure about the cake.....I can't stand store bought cake!!!! I like homemade cakes much better!

As for now....my little cupcake is snuggled up warm and cozy in her bed taking a nap. When she wakes up, I'll go thru the same routine we do twice a day after each nap. Hugs and kisses, pull back her curtain, turn on her radio (she starts pointing to her radio as soon as I walk in the room!) and we'll "talk" as she plays and dances in her crib. Ahh....it's the little things in life that matter.

And I can't post a blog without posting a picture....so here it is. She was two days old in this picture and sawing logs!!!!!










1 comment:

Chrissy said...

What a sweet post! Your sweet girl (and the children to follow) are so blessed to be a part of such a devoted and loving family. Aren't we SO blessed to have big strong men who work so hard so we can spend every day with our little lovlies? I THINK SO!