Sunday, August 24, 2008

I thought weekends were supposed to be relaxing.

Whew....what a busy weekend. On Friday we had Orrin's family in and out of the house, and then Friday evening my parents came in town. Here are just a few of the "adventures" we had.

1. Friday night: said goodbye to baby Kathryn because Liz and Tony came back in town. :( We miss her already!!!

2. Saturday morning: Orrin stepped on a nail when he was sweeping out the garage. Ended up in urgent care to get a tetnus shot.

3. Saturday morning: packed away some of Adilynn's baby clothes that don't fit her anymore.

4. Saturday afternoon: discovered cucumber water. A glass of water with slices of cucumber....it's so good!!!

5. Saturday evening: dinner at Logan's Roadhouse.

6. Saturday evening: went to my in-laws to say goodbye to Liz and Tony. They live in Ohio and we want to go visit next year. We are praying there will be a baby on the way soon for them!!!

7. Saturday night: started the book "The Power of a Praying Wife." I love it so far! One of things I've taken from the 20 pages I've read is to "do right instead of be right."

8. Sunday morning: early church service at 8:30. We love the 8:30 service so much better. The 10:00 service was falling right in the middle of Adilynn's eating time and naptime, so I was missing all of the sermons to be with her! SIDENOTE: I am so grateful to Pastor Lindell for something he said while preaching about a month ago. He said that it's so important to take your children to church and to give them every opportunity possible to grow with God and to get to know Him. Not to mention the importance of your children building relationships and friendships with christian kids their age. I am so glad that Orrin and I take Adilynn every Sunday and Tiffany and Christian when we have them. It's so important to us that they grow up in church...and like the saying says "you make time for what's important to you."

9. Sunday morning: asked about the Life Groups this morning at church. We are so excited to join a group in September.

10. Sunday evening: Adilynn was bathed and fed and in bed by 8:07 pm. Ahhh...quaility time with my hubby!!!!

So that's the weekend in a nutshell.

Tomorrow Tiffany and Christian start school. I love carefree summers, but I am also looking forward to being back on a routine. I am so going to miss having them around, making them breakfast, listening to them play throughout the day and spending summer evenings taking a walk and reading stories.



Here are some of the clothes I packed away for Adilynn. She is just growing soooo quickly!!!!!!!












Here is Adilynn this morning before church. Her new thing is tilting her head to the side. She also says "papa" now, can drink thru a straw and loves Cheerios.

Well, I guess that's it. We are so blessed. Hope everyone has a great week!

4 comments:

Teri said...

Ahh..I am so glad you updated. Sounds like you had a busy week! I missed talking with you at bible study.

Teri

Heather said...

What the crap????? Where the heck were your "Sunday afternoon" happenings? I DON'T APPRECIATE THAT!

barthnfagan said...

Hi!!!
very cute photos . . .
How's everything going? We're back into more of a schedule with Levi going to preschool and my part time work.
Hope we see you soon!!!
:)
Cara

Unknown said...

Your little one is so beautiful Jessica. I hope you are well.