Friday, July 11, 2008

Jumping on the bandwagon...

Okay, so after reading my sisters blogs and getting some inspiration from the gals at my Bible study, I have decided to keep a blog. I don't know how long I'll actually keep it going....it will probably depend on how many readers I have. I'm sure everyone is curious about my exciting life and will be waiting on the edge of their seat. ha!

Adilynn is turning 8 months on Sunday. I don't know how I feel about that. It seems just like yesterday I was having labor pains. Well maybe not labor pains, but it does seem like she just got here. How can it be 8 months already??! That's FOUR MONTHS TILL ONE YEAR OLD.
Everyone keeps asking me if we're ready for another one. I think I could pop 'em out the rest of my life. Babies (especially your own!) are such a blessing. It's amazing to see Adilynn's progress and how she's growing up. For instance, since she can crawl, that means she can now go from her belly, to the crawling position, to sitting up. That in turn means that when it's naptime, she goes thru the motions and ends up sitting up in bed crying big crocodile tears for someone to come pick her up. Apparently she thinks since she's a big girl and can crawl now, then that means she doesn't need to nap anymore! Last night I put her in bed and she started crying. I let her cry it out for a few minutes and then went into her room. I found her sitting in the middle of her crib, holding her blankie and crying. Awww. So I picked her up, sang Jesus Loves Me once or twice, laid her down, sang Jesus Loves Me again, and she fell asleep mid song. She used to go down for naps and bed without so much as a peep, but that seems to have recently changed! Oh well.....she sleeps so well at night that I can't complain. And God bless her.....she's probably the only one in the universe that likes my singing.

On a side note, Orrin and I are really wanting to be debt free. Who isn't, right? We sat down the other night and listed all our bills out for the month of July. As we pay them, we cross them off. It totally puts things into perspective when you have your bills written out in front of you and posted on the fridge. Makes going to Target or out to eat a little less important. Already we have done so well this week and have hardly used the debit card! Most importantly, we want to be obedient to God and become debt free. Ahhhh.....music to my ears.

2 comments:

Teri said...

Welcome to Blogdom! I'm glad to see you made it here. Love the posts about Adilyn. (sp?)

Teri - linking to you right now.

Chrissy said...

Yahoo! I am so glad you have a blog! Love love love it!